Thursday, July 23, 2009

4 years ago


Four years ago today I walked down an aisle in an old church to you. Past  family and friends who had waited a long time to see this happen for both of us. 
I remember seeing you at the end of that aisle, and I couldn't wait to get there. 
We held hands tightly and made our promises.
We said " I do " to each other. 
And became a family


I never knew what those two words would really mean at that time.
Through sickness and health. Good times and bad. Richer or poorer.
We've had a pretty full four years.
Babies, new job, selling homes, buying homes, moving and moving and moving.
And I'm so glad that it's your hand I am still holding on to.
I love you more today than I even did those four years ago.



Thank you for being you.
For quieting my anxiety, for always making me laugh, for always being my rock.
With absolutely all of my heart, I love you.


6 comments:

Gordon said...

Congrads to both of you on this forth wedding remenberance day. Keep up with all that both of you are doing GREAT JOB.

Love,

Gordon

Grandma Whiting said...

Congratulations!!!! I hope you get to do something special for your special day. You both made a lot of people happy on that day four years ago. I know I was so happy I was beside myself. On that day I got a daughter and a grandchild! A lot of my dreams came true on that day. I am happy to say that I am the Grandmother of three beautiful, talented, and smart grandchildren, and the Mother-in-law of one of the sweetest, most beautiful women I have ever known. I love you all so much. Our son is one of the luckiest men in the world. God Bless your Union always. Love, Grandma Whiting

The Raley Family said...

What a lovely couple!!! God is so good to have brought you guys together. I hope you have many more memory filled years together. (maybe not so many moves in the years to come :) )

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Happy four years! I hope that his year (and all those to come) and filled to the brim with happiness.

-Andrea

Unknown said...

Oh you're beautiful! And what an absolutely heartfelt sweet post!

me said...

So...you just brought tears to my eyes...Here's to many more years!

My Family